Quick, convenient, funky, and delicious. Esparza’s will feed your Mexican food craving and have you coming back for more. I almost always get the Crazy Carnitas tacos. The spice combo they use transports me to my best friend’s kitchen in San Antonio every time. The flour tortillas are the perfect softness and the salsa bar allows me to create a unique heat profile every time.
This time I chose to stray from my norm and try the Green Chili Enchiladas. The sauce has a smoky flavor that compliments the subtle heat from the chilis and the spice rub on the chicken. There is plenty of sauce to coat the enchiladas and the chips that come with the dish. No trip to Esparza is complete without browsing the to-go dessert fridge! This trip they had Vegan Chocolate Mousse that was so smooth and rich I wouldn’t have known it was dairy free if it weren’t labeled vegan.
- Name: Esparza’s Tacos & Coffee
- Location: On 58 near American Village HERE
- Hours: Mon – Fri 11:00AM – 9:00PM. Sat & Sun 7:00AM to 9:00PM
- Parking Suggestion: There is a lot in front of the restaurant. It can fill up pretty quickly but there are a few other options nearby behind the restaurant.
- Bonus Info: Credit card is accepted. They sell Vegan cheese by the block! The same owner operates Oblee. They have open mic nights, nerd nights (monthly education discussion series), book readings with local authors, and host art by local artists on the walls that are all for sale. Details for upcoming events can be found on their Facebook page HERE.