Just received PCS orders to Okinawa? Knee deep in planning the logistics of your move? Just arrived on island but not sure what comes next? Wherever you are in your PCS journey to Okinawa, we’ve got you covered with our upcoming PCS Blog Series. Over the next few weeks we’ll cover everything you need to know for your big move: from what to pack & what to leave behind in storage and how to get your kids & pets settled to what you’ll need to do when you arrive, and everything in between, we’re here to make sure you’re as prepared as possible for this big change!
We have more specific posts coming your way, but for now we want to consolidate some helpful links to get you started:
The Best Facebook Groups to Join:
- Okinawa Questions
- Everything Okinawa – Questions
- Okinawa Home Inspiration – This group gives insight and a sneak peek into our military homes and how each of us have decorated and made “Our House Feel Like A Home” during our temporary stay on Okinawa.
- URide – Uber doesn’t exist in Okinawa, so this is a group of SOFA status personnel who provide rides as an alternative to more expensive taxis
- Okinawa Foodies!
- Okinawa Food & Living
- Baby Sitters of Okinawa Japan
- Okinawa Used Car Sales
- Okinawa Military Wives
- Okinawa Military Wives Without Children
Helpful Government Resources: